Periscope is one of the newest live broadcasting platforms on social media. It is a platform which is connecting educators on a global scale. I wanted to start a series on my blog dedicated to Periscope. The series will include everything from how to sign up to Periscope to lessons I learned about scoping to who to follow in the teacher and Teacherpreneur/Entrepreneur world.
Getting Started With Periscope
1. First you need to join Periscope, by either signing up with your Twitter account or your email.
2. Then you can either follow people you follow on Twitter or search for follower by tapping the person icon in the bottom right corner, then the search icon at the top of the page.
3. To see who is live and the most recent replay broadcasts tap the TV icon in the bottom left corner. The broadcasts which are live are highlighted at the top of the page.
Watching Periscopes – Sharing the Love
Watching Periscopes are quite addictive if you know how to interact with the scoper. There are three ways to do this, the first way is to simply tap the screen for hearts to appear on the screen, the second is to simply comment in the comment box, the third is o tap the peri buddy in the bottom right corner of the screen and tap the share button to either all or specific followers, Twitter or Facebook.
How To Start Scoping?
1. Tap the camera icon which is third from the left, you will see a question “What are you seeing now?”. Type here what your broadcast is going to be about use hashtags to identify your tribe.
2. Then tap the red “Start Broadcast” and be red bar brave.
Happy Wishes Teacher Friends!